Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Looking Ahead

When I was building Fast Cats I found some good patchwork that I'd started back in 2005.  During our vacation in 2005 while we were in Guatemala I started a quilt....it was with Gail in mind.  She likes yellows, blues and purples.  The block that I was making for the project is called The Lady of the Lake.  I used to be a Lady of the Lake in my former life so I was attracted to this block, besides, you might have noticed, I love squares and triangles.....all 'round the Lady of the Lake block is a very good block for me.  But, of course, the quilt would not be mine in the end.  What happened, though, as happens more times than not with my quilts, the Lady of the Lake did not go to Gail.  It went to my god-daughter for her wedding.  And I only have one awful photo to show for it.  I really like the end product.  It was a scrappy one to be sure but within each block I used the same fabric - but every block I made had a different fabric all it's own (except for the background fabric, which was the same throughout the quilt).  And with the Lady of the Lake I sewed together 4 blocks to make a super block.  In the super blocks I tried to keep colors together by category, such as, all blue fabric-ed blocks or all purple or all turquoise etc. etc.   I hope you can see that in the photo.

Cuando yo estaba construyendo Fast Cats he encontrado algunos retazos que había empezado en 2005. Durante nuestras vacaciones en el año 2005 mientras estábamos en Guatemala empecé una colcha .... fue con Gail en mente. A ella le gustan los colores amarillos, azules y morados. El bloque que estaba haciendo para el proyecto se llama La Dama del Lago. Yo solía ser una Dama del Lago en mi vida anterior, así que me atrajo a este bloque, además, me encantan los cuadrados y triángulos ..... por esto La Dama del Lago es un bloque muy bueno para mí. Pero, por supuesto, la colcha no sería mío en el fin.  Que pasa, sin embargo, como ocurre más veces de las que no con mis colchas, la Dama del Lago no fue a Gail. Fue a mi ahijada para su boda. Y sólo tengo una foto terrible para demostrarlo. Me gusta mucho el producto final. Fue una quilt de retazos a ser seguro, pero dentro de cada bloque utilicé la misma tela.   Pero cada bloque que hice tenía una tela diferente (a excepción fue de la tela de fondo, que era la misma en toda la colcha).   Con la Dama del lago costuré a cuatro bloques para hacer una super-bloque. En los super bloques traté de mantener los colores entre sí por categoría, como por ejemplo, todos los azules juntos en el Super-bloque o púrpura juntos o todos de color turquesa, etc, etc, espero que usted puede ver que en la foto.

BUT as is my way, while I was making the Lady of the Lake I was second guessing myself.  It was really giving me kittens.  The thought keep sneaking in that I'd like to see this design with a very random color placement.  SO,,,,,as I was cutting fabric for this quilt I also cut for a future mixed up color version of the quilt.  But also as I'm prone to do, I got distracted, and started new projects and set this one aside.  Well, of course, I finished the wedding gift.  What was not finished and stored away in it's own little box was:

Pero, como mi mannera de ser, mientras yo estaba haciendo la Dama del Lago que ocupó el segundo lugar a mí mismo de adivinanzas. Fue realmente me da gatitos. El pensaba mantener escondidas en el que me gustaría ver este diseño con un color muy colocación de azar. POR LO QUE,,,,, como yo estaba cortando la tela para esta colcha que también redujo de un futuro mezclado versión en color de la colcha. Pero también soy propenso a hacer, me distraje, y comenzó a nuevos proyectos y establecer éste a un lado. Bueno, por supuesto, terminé el regalo de bodas. Lo que no fue terminado y guardado en su propia cajita fue:

1 Super Block of 4 blocks/1 Super-Bloque de 4 bloques

 4 Regular Blocks/4 bloques regulares
1 Partially pieced block(not in the photo) /Un bloque parcialmente construido (no en la foto)
 57 Block Centers 6 1/2 " Half Square Triangles/57 Centro de los Bloques 6 1/2 "Triángulos medio cuadrado
 400 Plus 2 1/2" Half Square Triangles/400 Plus 2 1/2 "Triángulos medio cuadrado
WELL, WELL, WELL, I have the makings for a  nice sized quilt top.  AND I need stuff to practice my Free Motion Quilting on.....What to do, what to do......It is on my list of W.I.P. (Works In Progress).....well, maybe there's something to be done....

Bueno, Bueno, Bueno, tengo los ingredientes para una colcha de buen tamaño. Y lo que necesito son cosas para practicar mi acolchar manos libres ..... ¿Qué hacer, qué hacer ......? Es en mi lista de WIP (Obras en ejecución) ..... bueno, tal vez hay algo que hacer ....

1 comment:

  1. I love the look of the original, it almost has an iridescent glow to it! Love the colors. The next one will, no doubt, glow too.

    ReplyDelete