Monday, September 20, 2010

3D Sampler


Some of my quilting buddies in Cancun were interested in this quilt and how to fold the pieces. Last Monday we got together and I showed them some fundamentals. It is always great fun to get together and sew with friends. The Spanish was a challenge but my friend, Wendy, is fluent in English and Spanish and I don't know what I would have done without her help!! Unfortunately, I didn't get any photos......2 Boo's - BOO BOO!

As for this quilt....it is with my mother-in-law keeping her warm through the cold Minnesota weather. I've thought frequently that I'd like to make another one like it. I used only fabrics that I hand-dyed in it. I'd have to dye some more yellow fabric - but that would certainly be easy enough!! Then I think about the purpose of this blog and all the projects that are already started and waiting patiently to be finished!!! Maybe later.....


Algunos de mís amigos en quilt quisieron hacer este quilt que se llama 3D Sampler. Se usa una técnica donde dobla la tela por un “look” 3D. Nos juntamos el lunes pasado y las mostré los fundamentales. Siempre es super divertido a unir y coser con amigas. El español es problematic pero mi amiga Wendy habla ingles e español y me ayudó mucho. Lastima, no saque fotos 2 Boo’s – ¡BOO BOO!

Sobre este quilt, está con mi suegra ayudandola con los inviernos frios en Minnesota. He pensado muchas veces que yo debo hacer otro para la colección mío. En esta quilt solo usé telas que yo tintaba. Necesito más de la tela armarillo….pero esto sería facil! Pero necesito quedar en mente….tengo muchos proyecto que empecé y debo terminar estos primero….. Quizas más tarde

No comments:

Post a Comment