Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Long Time Gone/Mucho Tiempo Fuera de Espacio Cyber









WoE!! I've been gone from cyber space for a long time..... Well, now Easter Holiday has ended and my dear beloved company has left and I've had 5 days to recupe. Yesterday was my Quilter Friday and we met at one of the lady's homes. We are continuing with the Wonky Blocks - which I've made as many as I'm going to make, 12 blocks. Now I'm starting to work on the sashing, which is based on Game One, Hop Scotch, from the book, "Quilter's Playtime, Games with Fabrics" by Dianne S. Hire. I'm posting a photo of the 12 blocks and just a couple of sashings. Yesterday at the meeting I worked at making more but have not photographed my work yet.....

Also my friends that came to visit brought me 3 new books. One is mentioned above, The Game book, and the other 2 are Kaffe Fassett books. Along with the books they brought me more Kaffe fabrics and tools from Leah Day's free motion quilting website. I have had a little bit of time to work with the free motion tools and they are a big help. The tools include: A slippery surface pad to go over my sewing machine bed to facilitate the movement of the quilt over the surface and gloves called Machingers, which I LOVE and bobbin washers!!! I have not yet tried out the bobbin washers but hopefully I will soon. I can see improvement with these tools already. I will be posting a photo of the books now. The Kaffe books are beautiful and there are many projects that I'm dieing to start!! Later today when my work is done I will try to send more photos of the new fabrics and the free motion tools.

¡Qué Cosa! Mucho tiempo que no he estado en espacio caber. Se acabó Pascua y mis queridas amigas ya se fueron y he tenido 5 días para recuperar. Ayer fue el viernes de quilting y reuné con mis amigas de quilting. Seguimos con los Bloques Wonky. Hice 12 bloques y esto es todo lo que voy a coser. Empiezo con los marcos. Uso una idea de un libro nuevo que me llevó las amigas que me visitaron por Pascua. El libro es “Quilter’s Playtime, Games with Fabrics” por Dianne S. Hire. La foto con este mensaje va a tener los 12 bloques y unos pocos de los marcos. En la reunión costuré los marcos.

También las visitantes me llevaron 3 libros nuevos. Uno mencioné arriba, “Quilter’s Playtime, Games with Fabrics” y los dos otros son libros por Kaffe Fassett con sus diseños hecho con sus telas. También con los libros fueron telas de Kaffe Fassett y herramientas para hacer “free motion quilting” del website de Leah Day. He tenido chance de practicar con las herramientas para “free motion quilting” y ellas ayudan mucho. Las herramientas son: un plastico muy resbalosa que pongo sobre la superfice de la maquina de coser para hacer más fácil recorrer la tela debajo de la aguja y también hay guantes que se llama “Machingers” que me encanta y algo que se lleva abajo del bobina que ayuda el hilo del bobina. No he usado la cosa de bobina todavía, ojala que pronto. Ya veo que estoy mejorando la técnica de “free motion quilting” con las herramientas nuevas que he usado. Voy a incluir aquí fotos de los libros. Los libros de Kaffe son hermosos y hay muchos proyectos que quiere hacer. Más tarde hoy después de terminar mi trabajo voy a enviar fotos de las telas y también las herramientas para “free motion quilting”.

No comments:

Post a Comment