Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Puttering Around/ Arreglando Alrededor





Sorry to all, I've been just sort of bouncing around Sewingville unable to really concentrate on any one thing for very long. 

I've played with making house blocks. Recently I purchased some Christmas Fabric (I've never bought any seasonal fabric before) but I thought I'd like something for Christmas and I've been loving the house blocks - BTW the theme for our next 8 x 11 project is Casa (that's house in your language) - this is going to be a no brainer this time around! 

I've experimented with mug rugs.  The Double 4 Patch quilt really rendered tons of scraps for mug rugs and then I had some pieces left over from the Milky Way quilt and there are many more possibilities hiding around here. 

I've gotten out bits and pieces of old projects and played.  Quite some time ago I was playing with scraps from some Blue stuff and then for the last 8 x 11 project I first toyed with the idea of threading painting a sun and a moon for the Duality theme.....I couldn't come up with a good color palette for the moon - time was getting short and I only had two suns that I liked - so I made the Man/Woman block for my offering and the rest is history.  Last Sunday I slapped one of the suns onto the blue stuff with Heat and Bond and it's waiting to be more securely attached with a satin stitch.

Also I'm in the process of hand sowing on the binding for my Double Four Patch.  In the evenings when we are waiting TV I plug along on this chore.  It's really slow for my to watch TV and hand sow but I do enjoy it.

Well, that's what I've been up to.  I don't really feel like I'm accomplishing much but after this post I can see that, yes, things are getting worked on.

Lo siento a todos, he estado sólo una especie de rebote en torno Sewingville incapaz de concentrarse realmente en una sola cosa durante mucho tiempo.  

He jugado con la fabricación de bloques de casas. Recientemente he comprado alguna tela de Navidad y pensé que me gustaría algo para Navidad y he estado amando a los bloques de casas - Por cierto, el tema de nuestro próximo 8 x 11 del proyecto es la Casa - esto va a ser un pan comido en esta ocasión! 

He experimentado con Mug Rugs. El Double 4 Patch quilt realmente prestados toneladas de retazos para hacer las Mug Rugs, y tambien tuve algunas piezas que quedaron del Milky Way quilt y hay muchas más posibilidades escondidos por aquí para la fabricacion de Mug Rugs.


He salido pedazos de viejos proyectos y jugó. Hace algún tiempo yo estaba jugando con trozos de algunas cosas Azul y luego por el último 8 x 11 del proyecto al principio jugó con la idea de pintar con hilo un sol y una luna para el tema de la dualidad ..... No he podido venir con una paleta de colores bueno para la luna - el tiempo se está acortando y yo sólo tenía dos soles que me gustó - por lo que hizo el bloque de hombre / mujer para mi ofrenda y el resto es historia. El domingo pasado me dio una palmada uno de los soles en las cosas de color azul con Heat y Bond y está esperando a ser más bien conectado con una puntada de satén.

Bueno, eso es lo que he estado haciendo. Yo realmente no siento que estoy logrando mucho, pero después de este post podemos ver que, sí, las cosas se están trabajando.

1 comment:

  1. Even if you are just puttering, I love looking at it. This is really fun stuff. The Christmas blocks are wonderful. I am in the middle of decluttering around here...so not much happening in my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete