Monday, November 8, 2010

Naptime Quilter I've taken the Challenge!!/Acepto la Meta de Naptime Quilter



Ok, I'm baring my soul here... I've been following a blog called "Naptime Quilter" and she has challenged other quilters to not only show quilts that have been completed but to show the quilt making process from the first bud of an idea for a quilt. SOoooo, with great trepidation I will put it all out there for the world (or at least my blog followers) to see.

First, Wendy, Janet and I are starting a project. Each one of us are going to make a small art quilt measuring 8" x 10". Each small art quilt that we create will have a theme. I am the first to pick a theme. The theme is "Sun and Sand".

The first two photos show my line drawings...this is the most painful thing to show you!!! I'm not a drawer!!! YIKES!! But I'm just trying to layout the idea and figure where everything will go.... What I have in my mind to create is a view from above the sun looking down to the earth, of course, where there is sand there is sea and those are just about my favorite things on earth, well, aside from quilting!! I fear that this piece is too representational but it's my very first attempt at art quilting....and I'm not an artist...just trying to develop a little bit of artistic skill, I hope


Pues, lumbro el alma aquí.... sigo un blog que se llama "Naptime Quilter" y ella ha puesto una meta a otros quilters para no solo mostrar fotos de quilts que han sido cumplidos pero para mostrar el processo completo desde la primera chispa de imaginacion del quilt que quiere crear. Así que, con mucho miedo voy a exponerme al mundo (o a los que siguen este blog).

Primero, Wendy, Janet y yo empezamos un proyecto. Cada uno de nosotras creamos un pequeño quilt de arte con medidas de 8" x 10". Cada pequeño quilt de arte que creamos tiene un tema. Soy la primera de escojer el tema. El tema es "Sol y Arena".

Las primeras dos fotos son unos dibujos....me duele mucho a mostrar estos dibujos....no puedo dibujar!!! HAY MIO!!! Solo estoy tratando de arreglar a donde se queda los elementos del diseño.... Lo que tengo en el mente es que quiere crear una vista de arriba del sol mirando abajo hacia la tierra y donde hay arena hay mar. Arena y mar son unos de mis cosas favoritas en este planeta, bueno, además de quilting!! Temo que este proyecto es demásido realística pero este proyecto es mi primer atento al crear un quilt de arte…..no soy artista….solo estoy tratando de desarrollar un poquito de talento artística, espero.

1 comment: