Saturday, October 2, 2010

A project for Mom/Un proyecto para Mamá


At one of the International Quilt Shows in Houston I purchased this cool template that is a curvy sided square that is called The Flip Flop Block by Kathie Alyce at www.waterfallquilts.com. The demonstration captivated me and I bought one. My sister bought too. And we came up with the idea to make a joint project to give to our mom. The deal was, I'd make the top, sandwich it and then send it along to my sister who then quilted and bound the quilt. I don't have a photo of the finished project....maybe my sister will send me a photo (hint, hint) and I can include it in my blog.....

Compré un templato que es cuadrado pero con lados de curva al show Internacional de Quilt en Houston, Texas - no puedo recordar en cual año. El templato se llama "The Flip Flop Block" hecho por Kathie Alyce (website: www.waterfallquilts.com). La demonstración me agarró tanto que tuve que comprarlo. Mi hermana también lo compró. Entonces, tuvimos la idea de hacer un proyecto co-operativo para nuestra mamá. El trato fue, yo hice la tapa y ponerlo en sandwich y enviarlo a mi hermana y ella hizo el quilting y el biez. No tengo una foto del proyecto terminado....quizas mi hermana me mandaría una foto para incluir en mi blog.

1 comment: