Sunday, October 3, 2010

Lady of the Lake Quilt


This photo is not very good but it's the only one I have of this monster king sized bedspread quilt. Back in the "olden days" when I still lived in Florida I lived on a beautiful lake. I really liked living there. But my husband and I got the wander lust and we left the U.S. for adventure in Mexico and Central America never to return. When I found this quilt block called "Lady of the Lake" I had to make it, because once I was a lady of the lake!! This quilt was started with a specific person in mind.....someone that told me she liked, blue, purple and yellow. But as happens more often than I'd like to admit, another important gift giving event came along (the wedding of our oldest god-daughter) and this quilt was the closest to being finished....so there it went....as a wedding gift.

Esta foto no es muy bueno pero es el único que tengo de esta super grande tamaña de King. En aquel entonces hace muchos años yo vivía a lado del un lago hermoso. Me gustó mucho viviendo allá. PERO el deseo de viajar nos agarró muy fuerte mi esposo y yo. Salimos de nuestro país para descubrir México y America Central y nunca regresamos (para vivir) de los Estados Unidos. Cuando encontré este bloque que se llama "Dama del Lago" tuve que hacerlo, ¡porque a una vez en mi vida yo estaba una dama del lago! Quisé hacer este quilt para una amiga especifica....ella le gusta los colores, azul, morada y amarillo. Pero como pasa con más frequencia que me gusta admitir, otro evento que requeró un buen regalo llegó (la boda de nuestra ahijada mayor). Este quilt fue el quilt más cerca de ser terminada.....así que el quilt se fue.... como regalo de boda.

1 comment:

  1. Lady of the lake blocks are a lot of work. I have made 3 smaller ones but have never set my blocks like yours. Maybe I'll have to make another.

    ReplyDelete