Monday, September 20, 2010

At Christmas time my friend, Gail, came down with a suitcase full of fabric, Yeah!!! It was my first purchase of Kaffe Fassett fabric and I bought mostly fat quarters and a lot of them. I just couldn't resist and I started a new project. I have wanted to brake into curved blocks for sometime now. Along with the fabric Gail brought the Kaffe Fassitt quilt book " Quilt Romance ". In the book there was a pickle dish quilt. That is one quilt that has been haunting my dreams and I have several versions of if in magazines and books. But Kaffe's was the most interesting to me. So that was the one I picked to start. I haven't had this much fun sewing for sometime. Don't get me wrong, sewing is always fun for me. But the fabrics are so vibrant and exciting!! I've been getting a little bit away from the brights for awhile and now I'm glad to be back!!!

Por las Navidades vino mi amiga, Gail, y ella me llevó una maleta llena de telas. ¡¡Yeah!! Fue mi primero compra de telas del diseñador, Kaffe Fassett. Compré "fat quarters" (cuartos gordos) y compré muchos. No podría hacer otra cosa excepto empezar un proyecto nuevo. He querido hacer bloques con curvas por mucho tiempo. Con la tela Gail también me llevó un libro escrito por Kaffe Fassett de quilteando. El libro se llama "Quilt Romance" (Romance de Quilts). En el libro haya un quilt diseño que se llama "Pickle Dish Quilt" (Plato de Pepino Quilt). Este diseño ha sido estrenando en mis sueños por mucho tiempo y tengo mucho ejemplos de esto bloque en otros libros y otras revistas pero el bloque de Kaffe es mi favorito. Así que escogí este quilt para empezar. No he divertido costurando tanto en much tiempo. No me tomas equivocado, siempre disfruto costurando. Pero las telas son tanto vivo y me emociona. Por un rato me alejo de colores vivos ¡¡pero ya he regresado!!

No comments:

Post a Comment